For those of you that don’t know me, hello!
This is my digital space that I’ve dedicated to my writings and random thoughts that I’ve deemed worthy for others to read.
Why do this?
- Because it is my goal to write for at least 30 minutes a day and this blog keeps be accountable.
- I want to share my writings with employers and other people in my life that are supportive of my dream to be a published author.
- I want to. Also, why not?
Who is Z?
Here are some answers to questions I frequently ask other people:
If you could be any plant, what plant would you be?
I would most definitely be a pitcher plant. Similar to a Venus fly trap, a pitcher plant absorbs its nitrates from living creatures it traps rather than the soil it is grown in. However, unlike a Venus fly trap, a pitcher plant does not actively entrap its nitrate sources. Instead, it acts like a bowl of sugar that insects fall into and rodents are attracted to. This sweetness draws rodents to the lip of the pitcher plant where it will eat its fill of sugary sap and leave its excreta in the plant. The pitcher plant takes this waste and grows stronger from it. I find this entire process to be very beautiful and very much how I aspire to live my life as a human.
You’re stuck on a deserted island with just a mp3 player that can only fit five songs. What five songs are they? Why?
- Smoke Break (Interlude) – Flatbush Zombies
- This song always reminds me of what’s real and important.
- Fly Away – Flatbush Zombies
- When I was having suicidal thoughts, this song kept me grounded.
- She’s Always a Woman – Billy Joel
- My mother to a tee.
- Clare De Lune – Debussy
- If I ever have trouble sleeping, this my ultimate lullaby.
- Smoke Your Lips – Ella Malarkey
- Shameless promotion of my friend’s music and always puts me in the mood… if you know what I mean.
What’s your sun, moon, and rising sign?
Sun – Leo
Moon – Aries
Rising – Virgo
What are your pronouns?
© 2021 Writings by Z
Subscribe to get access
Read more of this content when you subscribe today.